Monday, March 9, 2009

Book Lover Birthday Cake

I have been working on a project for quite some time. One of my good friend's birthday was this week and she loves books, she is really smart and she pretty much knows everything. I thought it will be a great idea making a cake book, well it turn out that she is not a fondant lover, so I did change my strategy for something a little more simple. I bake a 7" chocolate cake , I covered with fondant and use the gumpaste figure that I had made last week. I had the gumpaste books, and paint them with luster dust and the cake turn out really nice. Here is the cake with chocolate frosting,before I covered with the lavender fondant ( she really likes that color).




Just to be clear..my friend is way prettier than the figure.





I also made 12 chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream to go with the cake.








3 comments:

The Cooking Photographer said...

I love your work! The bottom cupcake reminds me of my favorite purple roses. I look forward to reading the rest of your blog.

Anonymous said...

Our custom creations come in a variety of sizes and shapes. For couples and small gatherings choose from you can choose from: cakes auburn al

Cake designer said...

I came across this link where you order online various variety of delicious customised Online Cake Shop .

Online Cake Shop

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.