Tuesday, July 14, 2009

21st Birthday Cake

I have been wanting to make a cake using pink and brown fondant for a long time and yesterday I got the perfect opportunity. Last minute, as always with me, I got an order for a cute little birthday cake, I could do whatever I wanted and this is what I came out with. I baked and decorated the cake last night, between baking, frosting and all the decorations toit ok me like 4 hours to finish it. I was pretty happy because it kept my mind very busy , I was expecting some news today and I didn't know if they were going to be good or bad and I have been kind of stress out about it.
Here are a few pics of the process. I cover all my boards with fondant a few days in advance, but in this case not only I didn't have time , I also didn't have enough pink fondant so I went for the easy fix.


My idea for using the stitch tool ( is that the name Patricia?) was to make the board a little fun, it really didn't make a lot of difference.



The brown butterfly wasn't on my sketch, but I thought it will look cute. I didn't do anything fun with it, it was a lonely and kind of sad butterfly. But I am sure you can do a body with royal icing, piped some borders with nice colors and make it look really alive.


Butterfly drying.





Using one of my great tools, a "clay gun". I use it for the cake border and the numbers.



Ok, here is another learning experience. I made this free hand=equal shaking hand. Ladies make sure you have a template before you do anything like this, it will look much prettier and clean.




My cute little pink cake!!














6 comments:

Pink Little Cake said...

I am testing my comment post, there is something wrong and I can't figur it out.

Pink Little Cake said...

Still testing, I just don't get it!

Cakedreamer said...

Clay gun! I need one of those! Pretty design!

Delicia de arte said...

Beautiful cake!
thanks for teaching!
Parabéns!

ButterYum said...

Yeah...looks like you fixed the problem! Now, on to your cake... it's beautiful! I love your cute little clay gun - mine has a plunger-like top, but it looks like yours has a screw-like top. And yes, that thing is a stitch tool (or wheel). Really nice cake!!

The Cooking Photographer said...

What super cute cake! I love that color pink too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.