Friday, February 15, 2013

Backyardigan Cake


Happy Friday, I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

For the first time in 6 years my husband had off from work, Valentine's is usually one of the busiest days in the Restaurant business. He was off and we did nothing!!  yes, we stayed home, ordered take out, hang out with the girls for a little and then I went off into my cake work. Any way, Valentine's should be celebrated every day, don't you think?

I have been working on a big cake for tomorrow, full of gold peonies, so it has been a little time consuming, but I can't wait to see how the cake turn out.

This Backyardigan cake was for a little girl's birthday. Her mom is a really good client of mine. The cake wasn't to big since only close family members were going to be at the party.

I made the trees using a cookie cutter.
The houses are hand made and I used a small rolling textured rolling pin to mark the roof

The clouds and the grass were made with royal icing


Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This cake is so cute, Kathia!

boncuk mutfakta said...

Wery beautiful

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.