Thursday, May 9, 2013

Black Heel-Shoe Box Cake


I made this cake for a great client of mine,her husband actually ordered the cake
for her surprise birthday party.

The heel was very difficult to make and it didn't turned out how I wanted, but at the end of the day the birthday girl was thrilled, as the shoe match her own Christian Louboutin shoes.
I made the heel with a silicon mold I got on Etsy,
 the front-side of shoe was handmade-kind of figuring out as I was making it.


The shoe box was made of chocolate cake and oreos and cream buttercream.
For the shoe I used only gumpaste and it took me around 4 days to make it including the waiting time for drying.

I found a little silicon letter mold at New York Cake & Baking Company store in New York City, I am sure they also have it online. The letters came out really easy, they are small and pretty cute.

Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments:

MissyB_in_NJ said...

I think you did a BEAUTIFUL job. I'm sure she was thrilled to death. I find this cake to be perfect. Don't be so hard on yourself!! I love it! I've never seen anything like it!!

Shinee D said...

Wow, is this a cake? Awesome job. I salute your patience making this cake! You're very talented!

Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie said...

Beautiful, Kathia! I think the shoe looks awesome :)

Paloma said...

That is amazing! You're such an artist! Great job!

Mari Núñez said...

Very nice. This will be my cake for my next B-day ;) Kathia I thanks for sharing your wonderful creations.

Un saludo

Xe goxo! said...

Uauuu! Muy bonita y trabajada.

James Franklin said...

Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
GetLikeFast.com

Natalia said...

Amazing! Can you tell me how you do the base? Is it gum paste? Or real fabric? Thank you

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.