Friday, August 23, 2013

Rainbow Cake-Cami's Style


This past weekend we celebrated my little one's 6th birthday-insert tears here-

A few months ago, we talked about her party theme and whether to have the party at home or somewhere else. Having a party at home is definitely cheaper, I love the fact that I can make adult and kids food. Meanwhile at a gym or indoor playground I feel so limited with the only pizza and soda option they have, unless you want to pay an arm and leg for other food options, which I totally refuse.

 Any way, Cami decided that she wanted to have the party at a local Bouncy place. I am not a fond of the place we picked but I do not have too many options around my area. 

She told me she wanted a Rainbow party. Awesome! I have been wanting to make a rainbow cake for a long time, I imagine a 3 tier cake, layers in different colors and yummy colorful buttercream. 

I dream on making her name in sugar letters, lots of glitter and decorations. 
But as it turned out, she didn't want any of it. No glitter , no name in sugar, no big cake. 
She didn't even let me write Happy Birthday on her cake. 

She drew me a picture of the rainbow she wanted me to make, she told me she wanted a chocolate cake with pink frosting inside and brown outside ( chocolate).No fondant. 

Well, I accepted my reality ( I wasn't the one turning 6) and I made her cake.

We made the cake at home together. I absolutely love baking with my girl.
She helped me measured all the ingredients.
It's never too early to learn how to properly measure flour right? 

The beginning of the chocolate mousse

We filled the inside of the cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream tinted Americolor Electric pink. 

The party was a success! She was the happiest girl on Earth jumping everywhere. 


I spent a good part of the party following E all over the place, talk about over stimulation.


I couldn't pass the change to make a pink cake. Nothing too complicated. Chocolate cake, nutella filling, straight from the jar, rustic leftover pink icing and sprinkles. 

Do you bake with your kids? 
Did you bake with them when they were little? 
Would love to hear about it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

The Travel Realm said...

Such a fun party and a great cake-Cami know what she likes! I made a great cake this weekend--you will be proud! The best part was that it was an ice box cake-no baking required-ha!! It was an oreo cookie ice box cake and it was a big hit-talk soon!

Jenniffer said...

Super cute! I can't believe little Cami is 6 already!

Sue said...

What a special time with your girl and a gorgeous cake...love that rainbow!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.