Saturday, March 13, 2010

Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting

Today has been a great day. We have been home pretty much doing nothing,since I have been sick for more than 2 weeks I feel like I am just starting to get my energy back. I think I was over work, and my body couldn't take it any more. We have been watching movies (Distric 9, I love it, well a little sad) , eating oreos ( really good for my sugar issue) and just enjoying a day in our pijamas. It has been raining here since yesterday so going out is not an option.
I have a lot of pictures and little projects to post, yes I always leave things to the last minute. Mean while here are some yummy cupcakes I made a few weeks ago.
In another note,This lovely lady  made me realized of  my 100 followers reading my silly little blog ( I hope so), so why not celebrating by letting you ask me what ever you want, please do so going here, I didn't even know this website until I visited one of my favorites blogs and I thought it might be fun. Just be nice!
Have a wonderful sunday everyone.



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Super Easy Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting
(From the Cupcake Heaven Book by Susannah Blake)

3 1/2 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 3/4 oz. white marshmallows, snipped into pieces
1/2 cup heavy cream

Put half the chocolate and the marshmallows in a heatproff bowl and set over pan of barely simmering water.Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and marshmallows are almost melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue stirring until the marshmallows are completely melted. Add the remaning chocolate and stir until melted, then stir in the cream. Let cool for about 2 hours until thick, then swirl on top of the cupcakes.
To decorate your cupcakes you can use some marshmallows, or some edible silver balls , like I did in some of them.

10 comments:

Sue said...

Chocolate marshmallow frosting sounds heavenly!

Louise said...

Sounds heavenly but also quite easy. Much quicker than normal marshmallow frosting using egg-whites.

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmm

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

Glad to hear you are beginning to feel better! Your cupcakes look fabulous. I have never made marshmallow frosting ~ will definitely have to give this a try soon.

Meghan @ Domestic Sugar said...

OH MY GOSH! I love the idea of chocolate marshmallow icing! FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing!

Cara Lee said...

this frosting sounds so good! i'm still looking for a good chocolate frosting and i definitely wanna try this out :)

Sugar Siren said...

It sounds & looks yummy but why does it say to only use half of the chocolate & marshmallows?

Barbara Bakes said...

Chocolate frosting is our favorite and this makes it quick and easy.

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Yumm~ I want to try this! Sound easy, and looks delish!

Anonymous said...

oh, god! I need to eat some of them!
I love it!!!
That's perfect!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.