Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pink Lady Bug Baby Shower Cake


Hi everyone, I hope you guys are having a good week.  Around here is being hard to go back to a routine after having a week off.On Monday I got my little girl up early to get her ready for the Day Care, she said- Mommy I don't want to go to school, can we go to the Mall instead?.
I think is kind of hard to get into work/school mode after the holidays, but hey... it's a new year and we have to start with the right foot. And no, I won't be in the Mall any time soon!

This cake was designed using the Baby Shower invitation as an inspiration.I made the ladybug with rice crispy treats.The dragonflies are made with 50% gumpaste, 50% fondant using hot pink and  light green colors.



If you miss the tutorial for the dragonflies, you can find it here



Tomorrow I will be guest posting at "Frosting for the Cause" with a personal story and a tutorial that some of you have been waiting for.
If you haven’t yet signed up for the cause, I hope you stop by the blog and join us.

10 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

One of your best cakes yet! I sooooo wish my girls were still young so I could go back and make cute cakes like your for their birthdays. I had to laugh at Cami's mall request - :).

Happy New Year,
ButterYum

Ratita Golosa said...

Qué bonita!!! Bonita idea las libélulas...Kathia...es preciosa!!
Besos

Anonymous said...

My grand-daughters would go crazy for this cake. Then again, so would my oldest sister, she loves anything to do with dragonflies. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is too precious! I love when a baby shower theme gets to be something other than the norm

La casita said...

Very nice your cake!!!! I love it. Dragonflies are beautiful!!!

cookies and cups said...

what an adorable cake!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathia ~ I just wanted to thank you for volunteering for our Frosting for the Cause project and sharing your personal story with us. Your Burberry Handbag cake and excellent tutorial were wonderful and a delight for our readers. Our project cannot be a success without the wonderful support of people such as yourself. Thank you for helping to ♥bake♥ a difference!

Katiecakes said...

Oh I love this! So cute!!

Katie xox

Unknown said...

This is adorable :) I lovee the ladybug!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the dragon flies!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.