Monday, April 16, 2012

Cars Theme Cake

Happy Monday! we are having a wonderful weather here in Central Jersey, lots of birthday parties going around and of course that brings, lots of cakes. This is another Cars theme cake for a little boy.
Her mom gave me a picture of a two tier cake she saw online and wanted me to make something similar, similar meaning she pretty wanted the same cake.
They were having a small family birthday party, and a two tier cake feeds way more than 30 people, so this is the small version.

The cake is covered in fondant, I bought the fondant already colored.
The signs are made with gumpaste and attached to the cake with wire.

My client gave me the cars to put on the cake and I attached them with royal icing


Full disclosure: How many desings can you really make on a cars cake? race tracks, signs, lights.
I looked for the original source of the cake picture given by my client online and didn't get a result.
If you have seen it, please let me know and I will update.

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh my cuteness! My boys would absolutely DIE for this cake. You are so talented! Bravo!

BertiesBakery said...

I love the stand up signs on the cake! It makes a single tierd cake look more dimensional! Great deatils as alwayd!

Stephanie Campbell - Cake Fixation said...

Fantastic!! The details are perfect!

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

If my skin was only as smooth and shiny as your fondant...GORGEOUS!

openconceptkitchen said...

Delightful cake Kathia and I love your road signs and your finish flag. The birthday boy must have been beside himself with excitement.

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

gorgeous cake! So shiny and smooth, I love all the details especially the signs on top.

Florena said...

Wonderful cake... Compliments!

SweetThingsTO said...

I always buy pre-dyed red fondant too - even though it is a lot more pricey. But it is worth it because red gets everywhere!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.