Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Teacher's Theme-Baby Shower Cake


Happy Wednesday!!
Today I have this fun colorful cake I made this past weekend for a Baby Shower. Another great way to compliment a Baby Shower is with a handcrafted diaper cake.



The future mom to be is a teacher and her friends and family wanted a teacher theme for her cake.

This is a big tall cake, that I actually thought it was going to be hard to assemble and put together, but it wasn't at all.
The entire cake was vanilla buttermilk with chocolate mousse filling.
I used cookie cutters to make the numbers,apple and letters and I used fondant instead of gumpaste.

For the pencils and ruler I used gumpaste.I hand cut the crayons using a template.



I got the pregnant lady silhouette online, which I have seeing it in other cakes and I had been wanting to use it for a while.


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you all are having a good week.

2 comments:

Renuka said...

Oh wow this is stunning! I love everything about it. The colours, the little crayons and the adorable pencil. Thank you for sharing! What is the difference between fondant and gumpaste and why use them differently? Thanks again

Unknown said...

this is so adorable. I really like this idea and it sounds delicious, mousse filling? anytime.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.