Friday, February 1, 2013

Pink Whale Cookies


My goodness is Friday already!! Thank God! this week has been so long around here, at least for me.
We had had weird weather, the perfect one to catch a cold and feel awful for a few days. We had 2 days of amazing weather, almost Spring like, and now we are back to freezing cold and wind. I keep saying that I can't get used to this US weather.

Back home a few years ago I used to go whale watching, what an amazing experience, you see these big amazing mammals so close and thinking about them I made these cookies for my friends over at The Cookie Cutter Company website.
The only different is that I made them little and  pink, I love them and you will too. (Note: no, in Costa Rica we do not have pink whales, they only live in my mind)

Super easy to make, you will need the following:

.Royal Icing in Americolor deep pink and red
.black and heart sprinkles
.food writer, color of your choice

1-Outline the whale
2-Flood and let it dry overnight
3-Draw the mouth with the food writer
4-Attach eye and sprinkle heart with a little dot of royal icing








I made some royal icing hearts, just because.
I just piped and flooded  hearts with a tip #3 and let them dry.


I attached them to the cookie with a dot of icing and done!!



My little pink whale is done!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH - so cute, Kathia!

Gloria said...

Realmente encantadores... preciosas
saludos y bendiciones

Unknown said...

these are ADORABLE

IFeelCook said...

Qué bonitas te han quedado estas ballenas, Kathia!!! Qué experiencia tan chula debe ser ver estos animales de cerca…

Unknown said...

These look super cute and delicious! Great work!

I just descovered your blog and browsed through some of your recipes, they all look scrumptious!

I really enjoy reading your posts, you always have very creative ideas :)
I'm a new follower!

Michela

Frank Hudson said...

Recalling your reminiscence concerning watching whales evokes memories of breathtaking moments. Isn’t there a certain inexplicable charm being with such awe-inspiring creatures? And so wonderfully creative for you to have translated that inspiration into cute pink whale cookies! These should be very lovely.

Those who are fond of creating their own batch of adorable whale cookies can get all the necessary materials from the website named The Cookie Cutter Company. Moreover, by thinking about these whales as being lifted tow truck while having them around, this will make a difference in their serious baking experience.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.