Wednesday, July 3, 2013

White Chocolate and Dried Cranberries Cookies




I have had a bag of Craisins sitting in my pantry for quite a while, I love them, such a good source of fiber and fat free! My kids are not much of a fun of dried cranberries, but if they are in cookies along with white chocolate chips, they do not even notice. That's a call for baking.

Any way, since tomorrow we are headed to spend the day at Sesame Place, I decided to bake some cookies to take with us for the day and use the bag of dried cranberries that I have at home. Cookies will be the perfect afternoon snack.

White Chocolate and  Dried Cranberries Cookies
Adapted from Ocean Spray Website

2 cups of flour
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of butter
1 tea spoon of baking soda
1/2 tea spoon of salt
1 cup white chocolate chips ( I used Nestle)
1 1/2 cup of dried cranberries

Preheat over to 375.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a bowl, combine flour,salt and baking soda, set aside.
Using an standard mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs mixing well after each addition. Take the dry ingredients that you previously combined and add to the wet mixture in two additions mixing well after each addition .
Stop the mixer and add the white chocolate and the dried cranberries mixing well with an spatula.
Using a small cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

They look delicious!

Linda Vandermeer McCubbin said...

I love dried cranberries in my cookies, well actually pretty much anything. These cookies look like a perfect snack.

Jenniffer said...

I have really been digging Craisins lately, I have been putting them in everything. I really like them in my morning oatmeal!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.