Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Series...Day 27 Creepy Eyeball Cupcakes




When I got this idea about getting together a group of bloggers for a series of Halloween post I emailed Jessica and ask her if she new how to bake. I am absolutely sure you all know about her, she is a super talented blog designer with an amazing portfolio of beautiful blog designs, but I wasn't sure about her baking skills. She told me about her famous and super easy Halloween cupcakes and here we are...
Creepy Eyeball Cupcakes

Jessica has been designing blogs for quite a while,she designed mine and I absolutely love it.  Visit her page, she is opening her design list on Monday  so if you want to get on the list, hurry!







INGREDIENTS

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can of vanilla frosting
1 package of eyeball bubble gum
1 tube of colored, edible gel


INSTRUCTIONS

Bake the cupcakes according to box. Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Push down eyeball bubblegum in center of cupcake. Use red gel to create the "veins" of the eye.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can exchange the cake flavor for anything that you'd like and you can exchange the candy. I originally got this idea from Kraft Foods and changed the candy to what was available in the store!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are great! I lover her work and SO want to get on the list...but I don't know which blog to redo first! Yikes!

Mary Lazarides said...

Very clever!!

faithy said...

eyeball bubblegum is a great idea!

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for featuring me, Kathia! My baking skills in no way compare to yours or others, but I always have fun making these cupcakes. XOXO!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.