Friday, October 18, 2013

Colorful Sweet 16 Mardi Gras Cake


Happy Friday everyone! I am sure you are as excited as me that the weekend is finally here. The Fall weather here in Central Jersey has been magical, the leaves are falling from the trees and we can finally wear booths. Yes, it just the little things!

My last few weeks have been so busy, I have done tons of cookies and some fun cakes that I will be posting the next few weeks. 

Life is so busy lately with the kids and work.

Well, let's get into this cake...I created this fun Mardi Gras themed cake for a Sweet 16 birthday party. I am terrible with the camera and the colors in the pictures didn't turned out so well.The cake was purple, lime green and gold, which it actually looks yellow in the pics.
 I made the masquerade mask on the top tier using a free template I got online.
I hand cut it myself and used gumpaste to make it. Using a cookie cutter can be another option, but the one I have is too little for the size of the cake. 



I really didn't know feathers tend to be pretty expensive. I found these are Jo-Ann Fabrics and I used a 40% coupon, so I end up having a good deal.
Well, I hope you like my latest creation, have a great weekend.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.