Tuesday, February 18, 2014

White and Baby Blue Baptism Cake

Well, hello snowy Tuesday!!!

Another day of waking up with snow, late delays at school and cleaning the car. I decided that I had enough of this Winter, yes, I know I always keep saying the same thing over and over.
Any more ideas for entertaining the kids on snowy days?
We paint, ready, watch movies, write, work on a crafts, bake, eat, nap, kids play on their own for a while, but how much can you do??

 I will tell you, I entered my apartment last Wednesday and by Saturday I was literally pulling my hair out, I end up taking Cami to roller skating classes and decided to take come classes myself. I know, I am almost 40, yes 40!! and I do not know how to roller skate.
After taking a 1/2 hour class with a few 5 and 6 years old I realize that I still have a long way to go in the roller skating field, not to mention the pain in my arms the next day.

Any way, this Baptism Cake turned out just as I wanted. The design came directly from my client, originally was going to be only two tier, but last minute adding an extra tier turned out to be nicer and better looking for the event.


 I made the bow with gumpaste and I attached the silver dragees with candy melts. I would normally use piping gel but this time the dragees kept sliding off the bow's loops so candy melts was a better option.
 I loved how the quilting turned out ( even though I didn't use a stitching tool), I made it using a ruler only pressing against the fondant, technique that I learned watching a You Tube video.
As always, thank you for stopping by...oh and don't forget the snow activities advise!!

2 comments:

Jenniffer said...

We got several inches of snow here in GA last week, and after it was gone I had the bright idea that I should have pulled out my cake pans and made a "snow cake".

Rose | RoseBakes.com said...

Precious details! I love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.