Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Snowflake Cupcakes-Georgetown Cupcake Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting



I finally got my copy of "The Cupcake Diaries", the book from the sisters at Georgetown Cupcakes. I was very excited to try their  famous cream cheese vanilla frosting. I have to say that it was really good, I was just a bit surprise about the instructions in their book about how to make the frosting. The directions pretty much were to place all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and  beat until well combined.

I can't imagine doing something like that ,specially if you are using Plugra butter, like they do. Also, if you watch this video, they are not making the buttercream like the book said.

Oh well, I guess I am just being picky! I love the frosting any way, I just made it the traditional way.


Georgetown Cupcake Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature

Directions:

Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Turn your mixer to low speed and add the confectioner sugar 1/2 cup at the time and mix until light and fluffy.
Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract.

Pictorial-Easy Snowflakes using candy melts:
Photobucket

Draw snowflakes in the parchment paper, melt candy melts and pipe them. Let them dry for at least one hour or put them in the refrigerator before adding the sanding sugar.
Photobucket
Turn snowflakes upside down and brush them with a mix of Meringue Powder and water, then sprinkle them with the sanding sugar.
Photobucket

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Jenniffer said...

Kathia, I have always wondered if big-time bakers are REALLY giving away their recipes when they do these books. Sounds like "not exactly" is the right answer! Anyhoo, I really love those snowflakes you made, they are awesome!!

Mini Baker said...

so pretty! i love it!

Anonymous said...

Your snowflakes are gorgeous Kathia! Really a lovely finishing touch to the cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

Your cupcakes are very pretty! Love how you made the snowflakes.

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

The snowflakes are so pretty!! such a great way to make them!

Cris said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for the great idea!

Sue said...

The snowflakes are stunning!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.