Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sweet Cream Rice Pudding

So my husband is Mexican and I am from Costa Rica, "Arroz con Leche" AKA rice pudding is a dessert that has been in our lives forever. We eat it  hot or cold, I personally like mine warm, my husband likes his frizzing cold. I do not make it as often as I would like because is so good and rich that I end up eating the whole thing myself, then stretchy pants are a must the rest of the week.
Any way, we have been craving "Arroz con Leche", so I decided to made it adding Cold Stone Sweet Cream International Delight Creamer. Did you know that they also have 3 new ice cream creamer flavors in the market?  Churro Caramel, Hot for Cookies and Founder's Favorite, just imagine the taste of ice cream in your hot or ice coffee. I am sure it never tasted so good using these new creamers. I absolutely love Cold Stone Churro Caramel Creamer, the caramel addict in me wanted me to used this flavor for my rice pudding, unfortunately it was out at my local grocery store, so I went for the Cold Stone Sweet Cream!  Rich, creamy and smooth!


This rice pudding is delicious as it is,adding the Cold Store Sweet Cream make it so creamy, I also added raisins to bust the flavor, but this is something that you can totally skip.



The start of the party!


Sweet Cream Rice Pudding
Serves 8-10

Ingredients:

1 cup of long grain white rice
1/2 cup of water
1/3 cup of International Delight Cold Stone Sweet Cream Flavor Creamer
1 cup of condense milk
1 cup of evaporated milk
3 cups of milk
5 whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1/4 cup of raisins

-Combine the rice, water, 1 cup of milk, cloves, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the condensed milk in a large heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, stir to combine.
-Bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly.
-Reduce the heat to low and simmer stirring every 3 minutes or so. The milk will start to thicken.
 -Add the evaporated milk,sweet cream, the rest of the condensed milk and 1 cup of milk. Let the mixture simmer and keep stirring until the rice is tender and a little mushy.
-Add the other cup of milk and the raisins.Continue cooking over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
-At this point the rice will be very tender and the milk will be very thick and soupy, which is perfect.
-Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool.
-Transfer pudding to a serving bowl and press plastic wrap over the surface to prevent a skin from forming, refrigerate until cold or eat warm.
Enjoy!!





International Delight's Pin to win Sweep
To enter, you must visit the International Delight Ice Cream Social Pin Board any time between July 15th and August 15th and use the #IScream4ID hashtag before pinning any image of your choice.

5 Grand Prize Winners could win $400 towards throwing the Ultimate Ice Cream Social !

Thumb_id-coldstone_600x817

Love ice cream + coffee? This summer, International Delight is bringing your favorite Cold Stone Creamery ice cream flavors to coffee and they're celebrating by giving away five $400 grand prizes to throw this summer’s ultimate Ice Cream Social!  To enter, visit the ID + Ice Cream Pinterest board and pin your favorite image using the #IScream4ID hashtag. Good luck!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.