Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Whole Wheat Honey Cake for The Cake Slice Bakers

 
Well, we finally are baking the last cake from this book
 
 
I have to say that when I first started baking from it I was kind of excited to try the new recipes, but as time when by I was disappointed. I just found the recipes kind of boring, but who
 I am to review a book written by Carole Walter ?
 there is something about the lack of pictures in the book that didn't make it interesting for me.
 
But any way, for my last cake I choose to bake a Whole Wheat Honey Cake ( page 132) which I baked in a loaf pan instead of a fluted ring pan as suggested on the book. I did half of the recipe since I didn't want a big cake.
This cake has a pleasant earthy flavor and a slightly denser texture, it is not too sweet
 making it good for breakfast or snack.   
 

 


 
 

 
I am very excited about the new book we will be baking from because these recipes look delicious.
  Plus the book is so colorful and full of pictures that really inspire me to bake!!
 
 

   

6 comments:

OvenDelights said...

I agree this cake would be perfect for snacking! It would be nice to take along on a road trip to snack on! This would be way better than all the junk that's available at gas stations!
I'm glad to hear you will remain baking with us next season! I'm glad our new book looks promising!
Oh I almost forgot....I hope you took pics of the Strawberry mousse cake...I'm not saying, but it just might or not be one of the selections for our future bakes ;)

Emily said...

Looks great for snacking on or with a cuppa!

Elle said...

Sometimes the simple loaf cake is just the perfect thing. I would love a slice with a cup of tea this afternoon...while reading that new cookbook and seeing which Southern cake I'd like to bake. The photos really do help with motivation and so that you can see how it is supposed to look when done.

The Ninja Baker said...

Good to have a breakfast cake in the arsenal. Lovely photos Kathia!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed this cake Kathia, it sound lovely. One small thing though, we're not supposed to be revealing the new book until our November bake. Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

This cake looks yummy and is healthy too since you used whole wheat flour!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.