Thursday, May 21, 2015

Nautical/Mini Crab theme birthday cake

 
What a fun cake was this one to make! I have said it before, I love making colorful cakes, and this is a color palette that I adore.
I have made a similar cake before, just smaller, and my client wanted something similar, just bigger. Well, bigger is always better. 

 
The details on the cake were made with a mix of fondant and tylose to make them a little extra firm, but not too hard.
I made the boat with gumpaste days in advance the delivery date to make sure it was going to be completely dry the day I need it.
I like using candy melts to attach big cake toppers to my cakes.

  This is the smash cake I made for the little boy.

12 comments:

reya bhosale said...

its Really Nice. Nice idea.
order-zapp

AllTime Tea said...

attractive cake recipe. Keep rocking tea wholesalers australia

AllTime Tea said...

fantastic post and cute cake feel to eat Ceylon tea

Melvin Graf said...

Really! I appreciate for this work, how wonderfully you prepared this cake.

order birthday cakes online

AllTime Tea said...

great creativity
Ceylon tea

Perumal T said...

Your way of approach on delivering the info seems to be nice. Thank you for sharing this informative post, really liked a lot.
Online Cake Delivery in Delhi

Naomi Chelsea said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

vivaan Edwardd said...

Nice article as for me. It would be great to read something more concerning this theme. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is some pics of some cake.baklava Glendale

becky3086 said...

Your cakes are absolutely wonderful. I am just starting and still have a lot to learn. http://todayscakecreations.blogspot.com/

Kierra Jill said...

I love your design.. you have a very unique idea..

Simplement D Liche

zerry ht said...

This cake is so attractive and huge. I can’t wait to eat such a yummy cake. Anyway, I need some suggestions for the mine craft themed birthday party at the outdoor DC venues. Could anyone share some décor ideas?

Marlene Detierro said...

We just made our fist ever crab cakes tonight! These sound amazing!

Marlene
Have you viewed Surprise Movers Service

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.