Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Butterfly Cake

Photobucket

Happy Monday!
 Tomorrow is the first Day of Spring!
Let's celebrate with cake.

Our cute little friend Sophie turned 1 this past weekend. Her parents had an adorable party for her and I offered to bring the cake, cupcakes and cookies for the party.
I actually made a big cupcake tower for her party, but Sophie needed a cake and I made this little one just for her.


Photobucket


Photobucket
I love how the butterflies turned out. I made them using a cookie cutter and I just added a little texture with a modeling stick. I wanted them to shine so I air brush them with pearl dust.


Photobucket
I attached the butterflies to the cake with a dab of royal icing.



Photobucket
For this particular butterfly I didn't use a cookie cutter, I used a mold .I love the detail impression of the butterfly but I found the mold kind of difficult to use. Unfortunately, the mold is not flexible, so getting the butterfly out without breaking  the wings was kind of tricky.


Photobucket
Thank you for stopping by.

I am linking my post to...








16 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Lyns said...

So very pretty thanks for taking a photo and showing us. So fresh and springy! =o) www.acupcakery.com

Sue said...

Spring is in the air! Your cake is a beauty, Kathia!

Hil said...

So springy! I love it Kathia. I'm also loving your new layout/design on here. So fresh and clean. I hope you are enjoying spring!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty cake. Love, love, love the butterflies and I like that you angled the wings down a bit.

Unknown said...

this cake is so precious! love it

Ms Mona said...

Beautiful cake! Love the butterflies, could you please let me know what mold did you use and does it comes with the texture that appears on your butterfly? Thanks for sharing!

Pink Little Cake said...

Ms Mona:
How can I cantact you to give you the information? there is no profile information on your link.

Dreams of cakes said...

Very beautiful cake!

Ms Mona said...

Hello Kathia: You can reach me at mvp4031@verizon.net. Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

so pretty, I love how small it is:)

Unknown said...

My heart skipped a BEAT with this gorgeous creation Kathia!! My gosh, do you ever just sit back and relish in your amazing talents? You need to do that!!!!!

Karma said...

Que linda y tan primaveral! Preciosa!!
Besosss

Laura said...

What a beautiful cake...so simple but so pretty...a lovely Spring cake! :-)

Lara Gargett said...

I did not know seeking assignment help from experts is so easy. After reading this blog, I came to know about the different types of assignments that are actually rolled out to students all over the globe. I did not know there are so many responsibilities of an assignment expert. After searching for the best assignment helper, one of my friends saw that Online Assignment Expert is ranking on top.

Nguyễn Vinh said...

Asian Noodle Salad with Sesame Tofu Bites : A combination of soy, ginger, and sesame, along with crispy fried tofu, give this tasty pasta salad its classic Asian flavors. For an even more authentic experience, replace the linguine with udon - a thick Japanese noodle available at many grocery stores.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.